Archive for the ‘Hiring a pet sitter’ Category
Do as much as possible to ensure that things are safe and secure before you go away.
- Unplug any electrical appliances that will not be used to prevent injury to pets or damage during an electrical storm.
- Close the door on the clothes dryer.
- Consider leaving the radio on to keep your pet company (and deter crime).
- Clean up anything that might be accidentally swallowed by your pet (Christmas tree tinsel, pine needles, string, ribbon or other holiday items).
- Never leave your pet in the garage. Too many toxic substances may be stored there. If you feel you must, pet-proof the garage first.
- Make sure that indoor pets are inside.
- If your cat(s) escape(s) beforehand, let the sitter know to look for the animal(s) outside.
Bella’s House & Pet Sitting is a professional in your home pet sitting company servicing North Scottsdale AZ.
If you are going to be away for a while, take steps to make sure everything is taken care of before you go.
- Leave a piece of clothing that you’ve recently worn near where your pet sleeps as a reminder of you.
- Display the name and phone number of your vet in a prominent place. Show it to the pet sitter before departing.
- Place out appropriate food and water bowls for your pet’s use. Clean them beforehand.
- Put everything needed for your pet’s care in a specific area so the sitter doesn’t have to search for leashes, food or medications. Let the sitter know where these items are.
- If the sitter will be coming in the evening, hook up a timer light so he/she will not have to come to a dark house. It will be homier for your pet as well.
- Select a neighbor to keep an eye on your place while you’re gone.
- Let him/her know that a pet sitter will be coming to your home while you’re away.
- Provide him/her with a key in case of an emergency, inclement weather or in the event the pet sitter cannot make a scheduled visit.
- Give the pet sitter the neighbor’s name and phone number.
Bella’s House & Pet Sitting is a nationally award winning pet sitting service in North Scottsdale, AZ. For more information please view: www.BellasHouseAndPets.com
Pet ownership in the United States is continually on the rise. Currently, 63 percent of all American households have pets. The US pet population includes some 73 million dogs, 90 million cats and 16 million birds plus fish, hamsters and other animals. These pets are happiest when they’re home, surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds.
- The best way to develop a good relationship with your pet sitter is through communication. Being open and honest with your sitter will reap positive results.
- Let the sitter know about any areas in your home that are off limits to him/her and/or your pet.
- Provide the names and phone numbers of the vet and an emergency contact.
- List names and numbers of contractors in case a problem arises (electrician, plumber, maid service, yard or pool maintenance).
- Leave your contact information – cell phone number, as well as number(s) of where you will be while away.
- Will another person(s) being checking on your pet or home? If so, let the pet sitter know.
- Provide them with each other’s name and phone number.
- Clarify each person’s responsibilities and schedules.
- Except for emergencies, always contact your pet sitter during office hours. Be especially considerate of sitters who operate their businesses from their homes.
- If your instructions or plans change, once you’re away, call your sitter and let him/her know (make sure to check time zone differences before you call).