Posts Tagged ‘holidays’
The holidays can be a fun and joyous time for everyone. Keep these quick tips in mind to ensure that you and your pets have a memorable holiday season!
- Many plants such as poinsettia’s are toxic to pets. Please keep the plants out of their reach!
- Christmas trees are magnets for pets! Be sure not to decorate your tree too low where your dogs tail would knock off ornaments or your cat could bat off the decorations. Consider setting up a barrier between your pet and the tree. Do not underestimate their ability to cause your whole tree to fall down or spark a fire.
- Metal tinsel if digested could provide life threatening intestinal blockage. Be sure that your decorations in your four legged loved ones reach are pet friendly!
- Cords from lights and other decorations can be chewed by cats, dogs, rabbits, and other pets. Be sure to secure the cords to the floor with tape or stick them under the rug.
- Some pets can get anxious or shy during the holidays because of all the extra noises, smells, and people. Be sure to allow a “quite place” in your house where they can feel comfortable during these times.
- Just because your pet eats it, or begs for food does not mean it is good for them! To avoid a trip to the vet’s office avoid all alcoholic beverages, chocolate, coffee, onions, turkey, pork, salt, processed sugar, raisins, grapes, fatty foods, yeast dough and macadamia nuts and table scraps.
This information has been provided to you by Danielle Vasta, Owner of Bella’s House & Pet Sitting. Please contact her at: (480)330-4552 or www.BellasHouseAndPets.com for any of your pet sitting needs!